I’m trying to be better about cooking at home (hello 2019 budget!) and Pinterest is an absolute life-saver when it comes to finding gluten-free and overall allergy-friendly recipes. Thank goodness for such a thorough blogger community invested in helping others find healthy and helpful options!
I decided to share some of the recipes I’ve made recently and a few that are on my to-do list. Or, follow me on Pinterest for all things gluten-free!
- Avgolemono Soup – A traditional Greek soup, I grew up on this! Not because I’m Greek but because my parents loved taking us to this corner Greek spot after church. It’s such a perfect comfort food, and fairly simple to make 🙂 This chicken lemon rice soup is a great soup for one or four! Be sure to make extra if you want leftovers!
- Cauliflower Carrot Ginger Soup – This recipe is called a “summer soup” but I couldn’t have been happier making a huge batch in the Fall and freezing it for the upcoming months. I had at least 8 servings worth of freezable soup. And as I just finished up my last portion, I’m looking to make this one again!
- Gluten-Free Challah Bread – As a girl with a lot of Jewish friends, having never celebrated Hannukah, I made a “Hannukah party” a thing and invited a big group of friend to show me what it’s all about. We lit menorahs, enjoyed a lot of traditional Jewish foods (Latkes, DUH!), and I made way too many traditional Jewish gluten-free foods. This one was a hit. I left out the apples and raisins for simplicity’s sake.
- Gluten Free Beef Brisket – I just got an InstantPot at the end of last year and am now pinning recipes left and right. So once I decided to have a Hannukah party, I went searching for a brisket recipe and this did not disappoint! I modified the recipe a bit for my small InstantPot, but it turned out swimmingly and everyone loved it.
Since I’m obsessed with Pinterest, I have to share a few of the things I PLAN to make so don’t hate me if the recipes suck. I just like sharing!
- Gluten Free Angel Food Cake – Growing up, my whole family always asked my Nana for Angel Food Cake with Buttercream Frosting and chocolate-covered strawberries. It’s been a long time since I’d had angel food, but I recently found it at a little natural foods store and freaked out (and yes, of course I bought it). So now I want to try and make my own.
- InstantPot Lemon Pepper Salmon – I’m very picky about fish, but I’ve already been floored at how the recipes turn out in this, so I’m excited to try this one in my InstantPot next!
- Gluten-Free, Paleo Key Lime Pie – I’m obsessed with everything lime, and key lime pie is one of my all time favs! I’m more of a savory-over-sweet person, but I’m a sucker for a good pie. So I hope this recipe lives up to the hype! And it’s basically good for you if it’s gluten-free AND Paleo?!
- Paleo Raspberry Crumb Bars – These just look insanely delicious.
- Pao de Queijo – Brazilian cheese bread! If you haven’t heard, they’re insanely good. I usually buy BraziBites (frozen section) and have made a few variations of these delicious and soft cheese bread bites. So I figured I need to actually bunker down and make them myself so I can figure out how easy they probably are.